Please login to access member
Not a member? Find out more
about the benefits of joining.
This article presents a synopsis of the redesign process by the Protection Department of the Public Curator of Québec (CPQ). The Value Management (VM) approach was selected to support the project team in their task. During the course of the project, the managers were also trained in VM theory and principles, empowering them to conduct an optimization process as part of the implementation of the chosen solutions.
The innovative aspect of this VM case study is how it transformed the management style of executives by integrating VM principles and Value Analysis tools with the organization’s management practices. Examples are:
· The FAST diagram was used as a communication tool and a basic reference for the strategic orientation and business planning review;
· And the same FAST diagram served as a tool for linking strategic goals with process review and improvement project prioritization;
· Functional performance specification (FPS) was used to clarify client user needs and upgrade related performance criteria and levels;
· And FPS was used to clearly define Protection Department needs (not in terms of solutions) for the computer specialists in designing the best value data systems. These are just few confirming examples.
Involving the operations staff in the task created enthusiasm among the troops for reform and sharply reduced resistance from some skeptics while facilitating change management.
Restructuring of a Quebec government ministry in crisis using Functional Performance Specification to define the business needs. Written by an Assistant Deputy Minister who has used Value Analysis to restructure Welfare, Correctional Services and the Public Curator of Quebec. See also the attached paper
Presentation describes how using project performance measures enable VE teams to improve performance on projects, rather than focusing just on cost. Technique modeled after the California Department of Transportation Performance Measurements Techniques.
Presentation outlines use of Functional Performance Specification in government restructuring, helping the city of Montreal amalgamate formerly separate municipalities into one city. The Value Management consultant was working for the city of Montreal to combine fleet services from the different municipalities.
- About VA
- Business Process, Restructuring
- About CSVA
- Success Stories
- Functional Performance Specification (FPS)
- Project Management
- Risk Analysis
- 2004 CSVA Conference
- 2006 CSVA Conference
- 2007 CSVA Conference
- 2008 CSVA Conference
- Business Processes, Restructuring
- Innovation, Integration